Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Cadence Virtuoso and MMSIM installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for the link!! I was able to run iscape.sh but after executing the command ./iscape.sh I got the below msg.

Initializing InstallScape using JVM at /home/ajay/cadence/iscape/iscape.04.21-p004/runtime/LNX86/bin/java. This might take some time...
' JVM at `/home/ajay/cadence/iscape/iscape.04.21-p004/runtime/LNX86/lib/i386/ser/libjvm.so'.
and the execution stopped.

Any idea why I am getting this error ?

EDIT - Was able to run iscape successfully. The error was because I had an older version of Java installed on my machine.
However I encountered another problem. In the step where we are required to select an installation directory for virtuoso, the available space is always being shown as 0 MB available although I have 25 GB available in the home directory.On trying to proceed with the installation I get an error stating that I dont have enough disk space.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Last edited:

@koti123

This error is not related to cadence installation etc
It is related to Ubuntu and Virtual Machine.
Please check in the related forums.

@manikantaxyz

I dont think this error is related to ubuntu as I tried the same procedure in ubuntu installed as a dual boot and also a different version of ubuntu on another computer but I always encountered the same problem !

Dear Koti123,
Sorry for the delayed reply.
I believe, you can create new virtual OS (Ubuntu either 12.04 or 13.10) by using virtual box (better for 30GB of space).
I will try and share the comments, if any.

Thanks and regards,
rmkmani

Dear manikantaxyz and pthomas1991,
very thanks for both of you. I have follow the instruction and (it was triggerd each one error for virtuoso and mmsim) after add the "export OA_UNSUPPORTED_PLAT=linux_rhel40_gcc44x" line in both " .bashrc" and "alias". booted well. I'm not yet tried. I will keep you post.

FYI: I'm using virtualbox ubuntu 12.04 LTS, with 32-bit configuration.

thanks.
Rmkmani

Hello.

How do I use this patch? Shall I extract it to the tools folder of virtuoso (and MMSIM) ?

Best regards.

Ok, now it is working under Ubuntu 12.04 64 Bit. I used to 64 Bit patch under tools of MMSim and Virtuoso.

But if I use a Verilog Model in the simulation, I get the following error:

Error found by spectre during AHDL read-in.

ahdlcmi.out-Output:

"
ahdlcmicompile: Compiling ahdlcmi in input.ahdlSimDB//5423_artist_ahdlLib_and_gate_veriloga_veriloga.va.and_gate.ahdlcmi/Linux-64/ for Linux-64 with optimize using gcc on Sat Jan 4 12:44:15 CET 2014 [5.0]
ahdlcmicompile: Generating makefile
PATH: /home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cdsgcc/gcc/4.1-x86_64/install/bin:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/bin:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/tools/bin:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/tools/bin/64bit:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/oa_v22.41.029/bin:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools/bin:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools/spectre/bin:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/tools/dfII/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
LD_LIBRARY_PATH: /home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cdsgcc/gcc/4.1-x86_64/install/lib:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools/lib/64bit:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/giganta/lib/64bit:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/mdl/lib/64bit:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/mmsim/lib/64bit:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/inca/lib/64bit:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/lib/64bit:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/tools/lib/64bit:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools/lib:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/giganta/lib:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/mdl/lib:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/mmsim/lib:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/inca/lib:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/lib:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/lib/64bit/SuSE:/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/lib/SuSE:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/tools/lib:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/oa_v22.41.029/lib/linux_rhel40_gcc44x_64/opt:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/tools/Qt/64bit/lib:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/tools/sev/lib/64bit:/home/link/cadence/installs/IC615/tools/inca/lib/64bit
Can't exec "mpstat": No such file or directory at /home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/bin/getCPUnum.pl line 41.
/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/bin/gnumake -j2 -f GNUmakefile
Can't exec "mpstat": No such file or directory at /home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/bin/getCPUnum.pl line 41.
Compiling C file and_gate_func.c (optimize) with -O0
/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cdsgcc/gcc/4.4/bin/gcc -march=k8 -ffast-math -O0 -m64 -DSYSV -DSVR4 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DconfigSPECTRE -I. -I/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/include -c and_gate_func.c -o obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_func.o || rm -f -f obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_func.o
Compiling C file and_gate_DcFuncDerLoad.c (optimize)
/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cdsgcc/gcc/4.4/bin/gcc -march=k8 -ffast-math -O3 -m64 -DSYSV -DSVR4 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DconfigSPECTRE -I. -I/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/include -c and_gate_DcFuncDerLoad.c -o obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_DcFuncDerLoad.o || rm -f -f obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_DcFuncDerLoad.o
/bin/sh: 0: Illegal option -h
rm -f -rf and_gate_func.c
rm -f -rf and_gate_DcFuncDerLoad.c
Compiling C file and_gate_DcFuncLoad.c (optimize)
/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cdsgcc/gcc/4.4/bin/gcc -march=k8 -ffast-math -O3 -m64 -DSYSV -DSVR4 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DconfigSPECTRE -I. -I/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/include -c and_gate_DcFuncLoad.c -o obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_DcFuncLoad.o || rm -f -f obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_DcFuncLoad.o
Compiling C file and_gate_TranFuncDerLoad.c (optimize)
/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cdsgcc/gcc/4.4/bin/gcc -march=k8 -ffast-math -O3 -m64 -DSYSV -DSVR4 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DconfigSPECTRE -I. -I/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/include -c and_gate_TranFuncDerLoad.c -o obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_TranFuncDerLoad.o || rm -f -f obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_TranFuncDerLoad.o
Illegal option -h
rm -f -rf and_gate_TranFuncDerLoad.c
rm -f -rf and_gate_DcFuncLoad.c
Compiling C file and_gate_cmi_c.c (optimize) with -O0
/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cdsgcc/gcc/4.4/bin/gcc -march=k8 -ffast-math -O0 -m64 -DSYSV -DSVR4 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DconfigSPECTRE -I. -I/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/include -I/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cmi/include -c and_gate_cmi_c.c -o obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_cmi_c.o || rm -f -f obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_cmi_c.o
Compiling C file and_gate_TranFuncLoad.c (optimize)
/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cdsgcc/gcc/4.4/bin/gcc -march=k8 -ffast-math -O3 -m64 -DSYSV -DSVR4 -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DconfigSPECTRE -I. -I/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/spectre/ahdlcmi/include -c and_gate_TranFuncLoad.c -o obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_TranFuncLoad.o || rm -f -f obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_TranFuncLoad.o
rm -f -rf and_gate_cmi_c.c
rm -f -rf and_gate_TranFuncLoad.c
/home/link/cadence/installs/MMSIM121/tools.lnx86/cdsgcc/gcc/4.4/bin/gcc -shared -O3 -m64 -fPIC -o obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_libahdlcmi.so ./obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_func.o ./obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_DcFuncDerLoad.o ./obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_DcFuncLoad.o ./obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_TranFuncDerLoad.o ./obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_TranFuncLoad.o ./obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_cmi_c.o -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/lib -s
gnumake: *** [obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_libahdlcmi.so] Error 2
gnumake: *** No rule to make target `obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_func.o', needed by `obj/optimize/5.0/and_gate_libahdlcmi.so'. Stop.

"

I set the checkbox "Run with 64 bit binary" under Setup->Environment.

Any ideas? I'll try to find out and post my results.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok,

after sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash (choosing no) and
sudo apt-get install gcc-multilib

I get the following error:

ld: crti.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I added my gnu-lib folder to LIBRARY_PATH but it doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

With the hints from

https://www.cadence.com/Community/blogs/sd/archive/2012/01/02/ubuntu-updates-for-2011.aspx

I got the following error =):

<--snip-->
ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib32/libc.so when searching for -lc
ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib32/libc.a when searching for -lc
ld: cannot find -lc
<--snip-->

Both library exists. I have to find out why the libraries are incompatible.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, now it works fine. Instead /usr/lib32 I added /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu. The library path in cdsgcc looks now:

LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:${GCCLIB_FULL_USE}:${GCCUSELIB}:${CDSROOT}/tools.${ARCH}/cdsgcc/lib/compat"

first.png
compile.png
scnd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting a tutorial on setting up Virtuoso.

I have successfully installed Virtuoso after some troubleshooting on Ubuntu 12.04 running in Parallels 8 under OS X Mavericks.

1. I am just curious to know that why I still got 1 error and 600+ warnings in ./sfp command.
2. gpdk45, 90 or 180 technology library is not there. If it is not in package can somebody please help me that from where we can get technology library and where to put in (source and destination folders).

Much thanks in advance.

PS - Even while trying to work with Virtuoso Layout XL - the error says: The technology library 'basic' contains no constraint groups that have a 'validLayers' or 'validVias' constraint defined. Thus the XL connectivity extractor is disabled. :(

I am now able to run Virtuoso and downloaded FreePDF45 as well as NangateOpenCellLibrary_PDK_v1.3

Now I am stuck on setting up environment variables.

As per the procedure, I have edited ~/.bashrc for setting environments. But installation of FreePDK is setup.csh means setenv does not work.

so I changed the syntax for bash term. from setenv --> export. But while executing source setup.csh I get the error saying bash:setup.csh: syntax error: unexpected end of file.

I know the script is csh. So I tried editing ~/.cshrc file also with setenv. but FreePDK doesn't work.

Can someone please post information that how to install Technology library like FreePDK or any other with Virtuoso as per the above given procedure or please help me to transfer setup.csh for above procedure.

Desperately waiting for the reply.

Hey,

can someone send me the NCSU Cadence Design Kit and the FreePDK45? Then I'll try to install them under cadence.
If you have the files or the download links, plz send me a private message.

Best regards.

@ManuelW: I have send you the FreePDK45 v1.3 tech library.

Everything is working file on my system, just little bit customisation is required. specially for desired tech file. I have resolved the issues mentioned above. Now I am searching for gpdk180 or any gpdk tech library below 0.18um process.

Do anyone have gpdk or any library from global foundry? Please post.

PS - Any links for Cadence Incisive Simulator, Assura 32 and Encounter?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey,

can someone send me the NCSU Cadence Design Kit and the FreePDK45? Then I'll try to install them under cadence.
If you have the files or the download links, plz send me a private message.

Best regards.

--------

Which model library you are using currently?

- - - Updated - - -

While running Verilog-A code, I get the following error

WARNING: HOST <ubuntu> DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE A CADENCE SUPPORTED LINUX CONFIGURATION

/home/.../.../mmsim/tools.lnx86/spectre/bin/32bit/spectre: error while loading shared libraries: librealine.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Any solution?

I already added OA_UNSUPPORTED_PLAT=linux_rhel40_gcc44x in ~/.bashrc but no luck
I have also replaced sysname file with the link given in previous posts and again same error.

Just install libreadline.so.5 library as mentioned in the error

in the error it is mentioned as "librealine" , check if there is some typo while you created the link or install it.

Reactions: binnx1

binnx1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hey,

you have to create some symbolic links. First check with ldd spectre, what libraries are missing and then create the symbolic links, as described in the first post. With locate libreadline you can check, where the libs are. If you have set up a new system do updatedb first.

I have checked the libreadline.so.5 and it says the library exists. While doing ldd spectre I am getting the following libraries not found.
Actually I'm not much familiar with linux environment. I created the symbolic links that are described in first post but dont know that to do with the missing libraries.

And what about the OS not supported error. I created the export OA_UNSUPPORTED_PLAT="linux_rhel40_gcc44x" in ~/.bashrc but it still says <host> doesnt seems to be supported operating system.

I am getting the following errors:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
binny@ubuntu:~$ ldd /home/binny/cad/mmsim/tools.lnx86/spectre/bin/32bit/spectre
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb7701000)
libabv.so => not found
libnif.so => not found
libvmor.so => not found
libsuperlu.so => not found
libktl.so => not found
libnmp_sh.so => not found
libvisadev.so => not found
libcla_sh.so => not found
libcdsCommon_sh.so => not found
libcls_sh.so => not found
libvirtuos_sh.so => not found
libfastt_sh.so => not found
libreadline.so.5 => not found
libncurses.so.5 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libncurses.so.5 (0xb76c9000)
libhistory.so.5 => not found
libpsl.so => not found
libdrlLog.so => not found
libgfortran.so.3 => not found
libnsl.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libnsl.so.1 (0xb76ae000)
librt.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0xb76a5000)
libelf.so.1 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libelf.so.1 (0xb768e000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7673000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0xb766d000)
libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0xb7588000)
libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0xb755c000)
libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xb753e000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xb7395000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7702000)
libtinfo.so.5 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5 (0xb7375000)

binny@ubuntu:~$ su
Password:

root@ubuntu:/home/binny# sudo ln -s /lib/libreadline.so.6.1 /lib/libreadline.so.5
ln: failed to create symbolic link `/lib/libreadline.so.5': File exists

root@ubuntu:/home/binny#

how to link these missing ones :(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have googled and installed the libraries and Verilog-A is working perfectly.

So anyone have PDK from global foundries? gpdk45, gpdk90 or gpdk180?

Error while simulating with FreePDK is: hspice: command not found. I dont know how to install hspice and where to find it. I have searched but its not hspice.

Last edited:

Hey,

I used the NCSU CDK and this one works fine. Can you try this please?

Verilog-A works for you whether you have a 32 bit system?

@ManuelW: Yes, I am having the 32-bit platform, using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Now issue is, the Verilog-A code compiled perfectly and I am able to create symbol but during simulation process it gives (VTCOMP-108) error. I googled and even seen on Cadence Support Forum, and found that only RHEL is the supported system. For a meanwhile, I'll install NCSU CDK and will post the response soon.

binnx1, i solved 1008 error by setting :
Code:
export CDS_AHDLCMI_ENABLE=NO

in my bashrc file

I have added
export CDS_AHDLCMI_ENABLE=NO in bashrc, but still when simulator loads AHDLCMI module library, it gives VACOMP-108 error.

My these libraries still missing. Though libreadline.so.5 is installed.

libabv.so => not found
libnif.so => not found
libvmor.so => not found
libsuperlu.so => not found
libktl.so => not found
libnmp_sh.so => not found
libvisadev.so => not found
libcla_sh.so => not found
libcdsCommon_sh.so => not found
libcls_sh.so => not found
libvirtuos_sh.so => not found
libfastt_sh.so => not found

Much thanks @ManuelW. I installed NCSU CDK 1.6.0 beta as 1.5.1 was not working, it was giving conversion error.

It is having tsmc25 and tsmn35 model files. Can you please correct me if I'm wrong, NCSU CDK is 250nm and 350nm library? Can we have 40/45 nm technology library from somewhere?
I'll post results when i'll completely check, I just ran simple inverter simulation yet.

Verilog-A simulation is still stuck.

Hey,

I used the NCSU CDK and this one works fine. Can you try this please?

Verilog-A works for you whether you have a 32 bit system?

Last edited:

@ManuelW
Can you please post the instructions to install NCSU-CDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.