Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence ade calculator - using a expresion as treshold value in cross function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cukkacan

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey,

I would like know if it is possible to use a calculated output in cross function ?

First, gain was calculated by out/in VF("/vo") / VF("/vi"). Then max value of the gain plot was tried to calculated by ''ymax'' function ymax(VF("/vo") / VF("/vi")). However it did not work. I used fist ''dbm'' to get dB equivalence dbm(VF("/vo") / VF("/vi")). Then ''ymax'' function was applied to dbm equivalence of gain ymax(dbm(VF("/vo") / VF("/vi"))). Numerical value was calculated correctly and shown in ''OUTPUT'' tab.

My problem is i would like to use that function which calculates this numerical value in cross function as cross(Gain_dB ymax(Gain_dB) 1 "either" nil nil )

Is it possible or is there a way to do what I want ?

ty all

I figured out how to use it :) I realised that ''cross'' function does not support fractional numbers as threshold value.

Yes, but it's difficult to get it right, typing it in. I usually
build up to it, saving snippets that work (i.e. give a value
that prints) into a scratch text file and then paste them
in appropriately, once proven. And I suppose you could
create cross-test-able vectors too, although I only work
with the raw voltages / currents as a rule. You might find
it a little less tricky to convert your dBm threshold to raw
volts or amps and test the node / port directly on that
basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search