Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase amplitude of output voltage from 100 m V to 1V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try connecting a 1m ohms resistor across the output and the probe, measure both outputs. Maybe bad bjts? If you have extra, just swap and see

The input impedance of the amplifier is quite low, and will present a difficult load to the oscillator. Perhaps the oscillator stops oscillating when it's output is connected to the amp.

The input impedance of the amplifier is quite low, and will present a difficult load to the oscillator. Perhaps the oscillator stops oscillating when it's output is connected to the amp.
The oscilloscope can look at the output of the oscillator when it is loaded by this amplifier.

While experimenting with my new design, which I mentioned uses this little circuit, I was able to obtained an amplified waveform at the output of stage 1. Input was generated from the audacity software, which was distorted as hell, but still served the purpose. Only one thing that is differ from the schematic above is that I used a 1m bias resistor. Transistor used was 2n4401.

PS: Only the first stage was assembled.

Attachments

• 100mV clipping amp.PNG
    100mV clipping amp.PNG
    50 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

And here is the square wave obtained after the 2nd stage. Both bias resistors used were 1Meg ohms. So bias resistor for the 2nd stage must be of 5-10x greater than the load resistor. Although in simulation, it didnt matter. To get a symmetrical square wave, you gonna have to play around with bias resistor value, or go for a better method: schmitt trigger

Attachments

• 100mV clipping amp 1.PNG
    100mV clipping amp 1.PNG
    50.9 KB · Views: 69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back