Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice Enabled Tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anand Govindankutty

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a project to implement Voice enabled tuning in radios. I'm doing it as two sections, by implementing a speech to text converter and an FM radio using PIC16f877a. As a starter , it's still at ground zero. I read a lot of docs but haven't got an idea. So please help me with the interfacing part, i.e., the interface between the text output from LABVIEW and the microcontroller , and the Speech to text conversion which is done using LABVIEW. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

what literature are you reading on this subject? just to know if you are reading good books.

Personally, you should read books which would help you get the work done but also slowly build up your understanding.

The project sounds intense. Since you are using PIC microcontroller, you should read PIC projects book by Parchizadeh. It has codes that are tried and tested. Obviously they won't directly help your project but its a start.

@shawnmk123 : Thank you. I just started with the basics of speech recognition. I'm reading . Sadaoki Furui, Digital Speech Processing, Synthesis and Recognition, Second Edition and Daniel Jurafsky & James H. Martin, Speech and Language Processing: An introduction to natural language processing, computational linguistics, and speech recognition. But I'm stuck on where to kick start. I'm new to LABVIEW but good with PIC. So, what i really need to know is the LABVIEW portion.

Status
Not open for further replies.