Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In-circuit programming flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

barry

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm redesigning a board for a customer which uses ancient UV-erasable parallel EPROMS for code storage (8051-type processor). We need to maintain code compatibility, i.e., the hardware has to look the same to the software. Since UV-EPROMS are a thing of the past, I'm expecting to use FLASH. There is a strong possibility that the software would need to be updated from time to time, and I would like to avoid using a socket, so, is there any "easy" way of doing in-circuit programming of these guys? I don't want to make a bed-of-nails for this. I would (grudgingly) add a connector for programming.

1) Is there a flash programmer out there that is designed to plug into an on-board connector and doesn't cost $10,000,000?
2) Does somebody make a parallel flash that has something like an SPI or JTAG interface for programming? That would be GREAT!

thanks,
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back