Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How best to hardware reset or restart a SIM300 (or SIM900)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron2

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using a manufactured MCU board with a SIM300 module, and need to do a Reset or power cycle of the SIM300.

I need to reset the SIM300 every 10 days. For some reason the SIM300 controller board will send a daily test message for 11-12 days reliably, then fails, and is not reliable again until the unit is restarted. (the network indicator LED is flashing fast or off at times when failing.)

I have a tiny MCU/RTC board of my own design I use for triggering the SIM300 board for a daily test, so I can create the SIM300 reset with another output from my MCU/RTC board. I don't have access to the SIM300 board's MCU software/code, so I'll have to do this externally.

Any suggestions appreciated.

I'll be testing the below unless there is a better suggestion.

ResetPWRSIM300.png

Last edited:

my sim300 is restarting after 10 sec what circuit id required to provide the same? im using 12v 500mA adaper followed by 7805IC and a 1n4148 diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back