Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want to make digital energy meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Yousaf

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i want to make energy meter with AVR. i dont want to use any external ADC. just tell me the way that how to measure the energy. i will write code my self. just tell me how to measure the energy.

Hai,
You can interface a working digital energy meter with any microcontroller
You just bypass the output of energy meter output indication led using a optocoupler like MCT2E. The output of optocoupler is attached to an interrupt pin of microcontroller

First you have to read the voltage thats consumed by the load. The voltage will be in the AC form. you have to convert to DC and also you have to reduce the voltage in a form which is suitable for the microcontroller to read..just mail ur requirements.. I will share all the details that i have done...manimaran181290@gmail.com

hi
i want to make energy meter with AVR. i dont want to use any external ADC. just tell me the way that how to measure the energy. i will write code my self. just tell me how to measure the energy.

You can use a energy measurement IC such as MCP3901 from Microchip to measure the energy consumption. There are many other IC's as well. Analog devices also produce a similar one.(ADE775x series) You have to use a Shunt, Current transformer, Rogowski Coil or a Hall effect sensor to interface it to the IC. I don't know whether there any other easy method.

Status
Not open for further replies.