Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice on Noise cancellation using PC's audiocard

Status
Not open for further replies.

12345pj

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I need some advice if possible on how to make the first investigations on a system for noise cancellation/ noise removal.

My plan is to place a speaker and a microphone (standard speaker/mike, low cost, non callibrated type) in a room, connect it to a PC audiocard and test if it can attenuate the sound level in the room, being speach or other sounds.

I hold a bathelor degree in electronics but I am not strong on Signal processing, i have a little microcontroller design experience and also a little programming experience.

Anyone who can help with some piece of code for this, my assumption is that it must be some kind of LMS adaptive filter ?
I do not have Matlab so something to run on free software is prefered.

Anyone have experience of this kind of noise reduction, does it work at all, what kind of reduction level can be achieved and in what frequency range ?

Any hint or advice is welcome and appreciated.

Best regards, Peter

Last edited:

You are doing noise cancellation in nonstationary environment then you must use nonstationary filter like weiner.But all is that you have do simulation on matlab.But also explain what will be your input signal ? what will be your noise i.e gaussian etc?

Yes you can remove noise by this way..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back