Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Front-end Performance Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahir Ejaz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the performance parameters and design challenges of RF front end stages/blocks?

selectivity, sensitivity, have low noise etc.........
achieving all these are the design challenges!!!
What are u intended to design anyway??

Thank you for your response. I am carrying out preliminary studies for my research work in matching network and filters pertaining to rf front end. I am interested to know how the performance parameters are inter related and how optimum solution is achieved.

At first Fn ( or T, equivalent noise temperature ) and linearity. Linearity that is input P1 IP3 and as function FEM dynamic range. Mirror channel selectivity if necessary performances of the preselector filter. And third all kind in and out unwanted channels and emissions. It is very briefly.

Last edited:
With improper matching b/w modules of RF front the signal would be loss due to attenuation, with better filtering you can increase selectivity & decrease Noise.
Google and u will find different practical designs of RF fronts/ Receivers which will help more to understand relations b/w selectivity, sensitivity, Gain, Dynamic Range, etc....

with better filtering you can increase selectivity & decrease Noise.
Cool I never know. If I add additional filter to a FEM and my Fn should decrease.It would be grate!!! From 2.5-3dB to -3dB??? That is something very fundamental.8-O

Attachments

• SAM_0818.JPG
    SAM_0818.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Cool I never know. If I add additional filter to a FEM and my Fn decrease it will be grate!!! From 2.5-3dB to -3dB??? That is very fundamental.8-O

Please Explain what are u trying to tell us it is not so clear???

tell us it is not so clear???
You are a plural? You should launch space craft as quick as possible to a deep deep space, until you have benefits with NF . More filters, more benefits and less NF for front end modules. :cool:

Last edited:

You are a plural? You should launch space craft as quick as possible to a deep deep space, until you have benefits with NF . More filters, more benefits and less NF for front end modules. :cool:

"us"' is for referring to all those who didn't understand what u r saying!!! with due respect if u know something, better guide those who don't know, rather starting Sarcasm with things like "You should launch space craft as quick as possible to a deep deep space, until you have benefits with NF . "
its not a social media website, its a professional environment better behave like one and present your point in a more professional way rather sarcastic way !!!!

its not a social media website, its a professional environment
Yes your right and topic story is about Front-end Performance Parameters. And on a picture is typical ( kitchen made :shock: ) 40GHz front -end module example. Not right bondable gold and as result I was able little bit helps for 1mil gold connection wire additional soldering.

Last edited:

Thank you for your support and guidance. Can someone refer to books and other materials to develop better understanding and preliminary work.

"ARRL - Experimental Methods in RF Design"
is a good RF book not just for RF front end but covers other RF topics also and quite practically!!!

Thank you for suggesting me a book pertaining to the area. I will go through it to develop basic ideas and try to explore ongoing research in the field so that I can narrow down within my research area.

Here is some classics Front-End circuit for 10-12GHz . Could be usefully.
By the way NXP s are very confident in such thinks, you can check out.

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Thank you for the block diagram. It will help me in comprehending the front end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back