Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] ADS-Transient simulation with schematic including a block of s2p file

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryamtele

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,

I am simulating a schematic in time domain (transient simulation) which includes a block defined by a s2p file.
I need to figure out what kind of algorithm(equations) ADS uses to extract the results in time domain?

Thanks in advance

ADS build FIR filter model from S-Parameter.
Then it is used as convolution in transient analysis.

See http://edocs.soco.agilent.com/display/ads2009/Troubleshooting+a+Transient-Convolution+Simulation

Thank you so much, I will read it and if I have furthur question I will ask you.

- - - Updated - - -

Dear Pancho

I searched but I didn't find how we can build a FIR filter from S2P file and also how we can use it to perform transient analysis.
Would you please explain a little more about the process or put a link to help.
Thanks

Last edited:

I searched but I didn't find how we can build a FIR filter from S2P file and also how we can use it to perform transient analysis.
(1) Convert {s11,s12,s21,s22} to {y11,y12,y21,y22}.
(2) Calculate impulse responses of {y11,y12,y21,y22} by IFFT(Inverse FFT) of {y11,y12,y21,y22}.
(3) Evaluate i1(t) and i2(t) by convolving impulse responses of {y11,y12,y21,y22} with v1(t) and v2(t).

Dear Friends,

I have gotten an "impulse response" for my s2p block using impulsewriter.
Now I need to apply this impulse response to my circuit to find voltages and currents of a step-function source. How can I do that? which simulation do this? how can I read this .imp file to a component in my circuit?
Please help, I need it ASAP
tnx

I simulated s2p file in transient simulation but according to the document I have attached but because of problems of causality and passivity, agilent suggests it is better to use Impulsewriter. I simulated it in transient but the results were not reasonable. What do you suggest?

Attachments

• rao.pdf
    938.1 KB · Views: 151

I simulated it in transient but the results were not reasonable. What do you suggest?
I can not give any advice unless you show profile of your s2p block and necessary frequency bandwidth required for step response evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back