Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logarithmic Scale Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pero2912

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello people.

So I'm trying to figure this out:
here is a sensitivity characteristics of my gas sensor, and the both x and y scales are logarithmic.
sensitivity.jpg
Now, i'd like to interpolate this data but I guess I can not use simple linear method, like y=(y2-y1)/(x2-x1)*x+y1. What do you think?

Regards,

Pero

Thanks for answer Brad!
But, could you be so nice and provide me some explanation of why is this method legitimate? Or, link some references if it's easier for you.

A straight line in log-log scale corresponds to a function Y = X^a. It can be modelled in software.

Solved it! Thanks for advice.
but if somebody wants to know, I used analytic approximation y = C/sqrt(x),

I used analytic approximation y = C/sqrt(x)
Slope of different curves in the above characteristic corresponds to exponents between -0.3 and -0.63, so -0.5 (1/sqrt) is well in the middle. We could try to fit the exponent in an individual calibration, but that's probably beyond reasonable efforts for this sensor.

Yeah, i also came up with 0.67 for alcohol. But why do you use negative coefficients? I mean, y = 0.67/sqrt(x) works fine for me.

sqrt(x) = x^0.5
1/sqrt(x) = x^-0.5
Thus the negative exponent.

Yeah, you're right. I didnt pay good attention on what you wrote above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back