Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transceiving digital sound through SPI interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaf

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to send digital sound through an SPI link to a destination and wise vice versa. In other words, I want to make a digital sound transceiver that transmits the sound via an SPI link.
Is there any IC that do this or do you have any other Idea ?
Thanks,
Best Regards.

Last edited:

There are a quite a few analog-to-digital converters that have an SPI output (look at Linear.com). Is that what you mean? BTW, there is no "digital sound"; sound is an analog phenomenon.

Ok, sound is analog phenomenon but I have an digitized audio signal (stream) (converted from analog to digital) that want to send and or receive via an SPI link. (I can't use A/D with SPI interface)
please see that this sparkfun's module (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9235) do this for me or no ?

Last edited:

You want to send SPI data back and forth between two points, right? I'm afraid I don't understand your question. The fact that the SPI data represents audio is irrelevant. Maybe you can give us a better description of what you're trying to do.

I hope the image attached to this post help you to understand my question.

Attachments

• SPI2.jpg
    SPI2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 53

I hope the image attached to this post help you to understand my question.

Nope.

Are you asking for what chip to use for SPI transmission? I could be wrong, but I don't think SPI has a hardware (i.e., signalling level) definition; it's a communications protocol with 3 (or 4) lines. Also, SPI is not really intended for long-distance data links, it's designed for chip-to-chip communications. What is your intent?

OK. I want a chip or a set of module (double) that do this work for me. I completely know SPI and PCM protocols and know that aren't special hardware but many electronic parts and modules use SPI for communications in small distances and also some systems use PCM for modulating sound signals.
output of my board (chip) is a PCM signal, I want to transfer it to another near board (chip) by SPI protocole (4 wire hardware). do you know any module or chip ?

So what you want is to convert PCM to SPI? If you said that to begin with, that would have saved a LOT OF TROUBLE.

No, I don't know of any chips that will do this.

Stupid question: Why can't you send your PCM stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.