Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[MOVED] Edge Not On Grid Error : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

theelder777

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all. I finished my layout for an inverter a couple of hours ago and ran DRC and LVS with no errors (they were successful).
I then needed to make a layout for an xor gate which used two inverters. After I used the "pick from schematic" option, I instantly ran a DRC check, which then gave 228 "Edge not on grid" errors. I know that this error has something to do with the length and width of the rectangles I drew in my layout (something about having L or W that is a multiple of the technology I am using? may someone please explain?), I don't completely understand though, so an explanation or a link will be nice (I tried googling some the error, but I was not able to find something that was noob-friendly). I find it weird that I didn't get DRC errors in my inverter but I did get errors when that inverter was used in other schematics/layouts. Also whatever the error is, since I have 228 of them, should I redo the inverter? or is this error fixable?

Thank you

PS: I hope this is the right forum... Sorry if it is not.

Ok, I figured it out. I redid the inverter but this time for some reason the DRS check kept giving me errors which I fixed one by one. I was then able to use my inverter in my other layouts (such as my xor layout that I mentioned in my previous post) with no DRS errors : ) I wonder if it was because I went to options->display and edited my major and minor spacing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back