Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Excessive posting delays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattylad

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What the heck is this guys?

The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 25 seconds.

2 MINUTES!!! ????

How the heck do you expect us to discuss things when we have to wait 2 minutes between posting on each thread?

I understand delays, I accept that delays are used to prevent spammers but come on - 2 minutes? That's way too excessive.

Changed to 1 minute. Can you really go to another thread and post new *useful* reply in 2 minutes?
I check your old posts and minimum time between posts was 3-4 minutes.

Yes, when viewing a list of new posts - opening each thread in a new tab is common, then going to the last post and making a reply is very easily done within a couple of minutes especially when the reply is not a long one.
You dont have to read the whole thread to be able to remember it - especially if you have posted in it before.
Visiting the forums, reading the posts that your interested in and sending some replies can take only a few minutes.

Why 1 minute though? many other forums keep it to something like 10-15 seconds.

There was 30 seconds two months ago, but this was default time for this forum engine and some spammers are prepared for this time.
In my opinion 1 minute is good time. I can write script and select from database what was the minimum time between useful replies and I'm sure nobody was faster than 1 minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.