Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pins can't be found in STA(primetime), how to deal with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinruan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,
there are a macro cell(blackbox) in my design, but the macro cell isn't locate in the
top module. in other words, my top design module is top, SYNU0 is a submodule of top, the macro cell MACRO is a submodule of SYNU0.
when i run PrimeTime for Static Timing Analysis, it can't find the pins of MACRO module in the current design(top module). what to do to in this case?

jinruan said:
hi guys,
there are a macro cell(blackbox) in my design, but the macro cell isn't locate in the
top module. in other words, my top design module is top, SYNU0 is a submodule of top, the macro cell MACRO is a submodule of SYNU0.
when i run PrimeTime for Static Timing Analysis, it can't find the pins of MACRO module in the current design(top module). what to do to in this case?

Hello!

Do you have a lib for it? Also, if it is blackbox, then I guess PT issues this when it links the design. Also, maybe you can use a stub for that macro. Could be a suggestion.

Regards!

have you link design successful?,
if link design success, you may need use full-hierarchical name to find the pin.
for example, inst_1/inst_macro/pin_name.
the inst_* is cell name , or said instance name, not module name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back