Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dc-dc converter with output as ATX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aamir_Sheikh

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to make a dc-dc converter with its output in the form of standard atx i.e 12, 5, 3.3, -12, -5
so far i am thinking of using a buck regulator with along with a micro controller for PWM channels and its adc for feed back correction. input for now is fixed at 24 volts.

things I cant decide are

1) would it be better to use buck regulator ICs instead of mc, (i was told that it would be better, but how i am going to do remote sensing of 3.3v and 5v standby with them)?

2) which mosfet should i use for switching, (does the highest frequency of switching depends upon the driver)?

3) how much wattage is feasible, and consequently how much current should be available on different rails?

i have a couple more question, but i'll ask them once the thread picks up

input is fixed at 24 volts, output is standard atx supply, i.e 12, 5, 3.3, -12, -5.

To obtain your negative supplies, it is feasible to use buck-boost converters.

Or, consider using an H-bridge and transformer (center tap) to produce your bipolar supplies. Can't say whether it will reduce your parts count and labor.

thanks for replying BradtheRad, i am going to use h bridge, i have to keep the area of my design small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back