Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing and building a WIFI YAGI antenna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pede69

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Lil help please :)

If you do a Goo search for "yagi design software", tons of pages come up. But...

I do not understand how to differentiate between the different wifi bands.

For example... I would like to build an extremely high gain 5ghz N band yagi antenna.
What is difference in the calculations in the different bands, like a,b,g or n.

And how are the different band parameters entered into yagi design software?

Thank you for your help,
John Dumas

Lil help please :)

If you do a Goo search for "yagi design software", tons of pages come up. But...

I do not understand how to differentiate between the different wifi bands.

For example... I would like to build an extremely high gain 5ghz N band yagi antenna.
What is difference in the calculations in the different bands, like a,b,g or n.

And how are the different band parameters entered into yagi design software?

Thank you for your help,
John Dumas

I do not know about any design software. But there are MANY perfect Yagi designs in handbooks like ARRL Antenna Book. Take any and scale the dimensions vers.operating wavelength.
Extremely high gain is usually a nonsense. Good Yagis offer 6 to 16 dB gain. If you need more, adjusting the elements becomes critical and Yagis over 20 dB are quite narrow=band due to a careful tuning. Higher gain can be obtained by arrays, all you can see in the ARRL Antenna Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back