Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Adding FILLER Cells in virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

wipshami

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Helo ,

How can I add filler cells in virtuoso when the CMOS library I am having from UMC is not having any filler cells in it ?

Is there any way to get filler cells and add to UMC library ? I am using virtuoso 6.1.5

Thanks

well, normaly the std cell library provided some filler cell to fill the n-well and power rail between two std cell.
but this step should be done by the PnR tool, not in virtuoso, or do you made a small block in the analog tool env?
The filler cells are here to respect the DRC between two std cell not abuded.

Yes I made a small block in virtuoso containing <20 transistors and is importing this block as macro in PnR tool (Encounter)

My question is that whether I have to add fillers to the block designed in virtuoso (I have connected all CMOS nwell,pwell to vdd,gnd manually in virtuoso)? If yes whether that should be done in virtuoso itself ? or is there provision to do it in encounter (adding filler to a macro from top level!! ) ?

hop it is clear

Thanks

Hi,

If you import it to Encounter means you can add fillers in encounter to your block by using std_cell_library... which is given by the customer...

thanks..

How can I add filler in encounter when the block is a hardmacro ?good if you can share command pleas..
I agree we can add to top level in encounter . . my question is specific to block designed in virtuoso and loaded as macro(block) to encounter

Hai friend

if you are doing your block in virtuoso there is no need for Filler cells

you can import it in to encounter as a hard macro but it must be LVS & DRC clean

you can do your top level and add filler in encounter and
once again you can check LVS DRC in virtuoso

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back