Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the style of scan chain

Status
Not open for further replies.

suituse

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The scan style can be full-scan or partial-scan. And full-scan style can reduce the complexity of pattern generation and get a high coverage. But there are so many FFs in our design now (even we break them into several chains), the length seem to be too long. It will take such a long time when each chain scans serially. What can I do? And what is the proper length for each chain ?
Another method is to use partial-scan style. Yet, which FFs should be inserted to the chain while we can still retain a high coverage?
Can you give me some advice ?

There are different algorithm for full scan & partial scan. you can check FASTSCAN & FLEXTEST of Mentor.
For ATPG, full scan faster than partial scan.

I think you must decide the length of chain(maybe 100~200)! After fixed chain length, you would know how many chains you have.

Some tools support scan compression logic, the scan chain length can grately reduce using this method.

scan chain....insertion..depends on how complex and important is the architecture....if the architecture is SOC ( multi core)....then there will be need of full scan.... or may be partial scan....
depends on DFT engineer...and coverage...required on that SOC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back