Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sub threshold region

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsbollam

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir,
Sir currently i am pursuing Mtech degree and now I am doing my final year project under subthreshold region on analog interfacing circuit based on MEMS.
Actually I didn't get subthreshold region into the cadence EDA tool, so Plz sir guides me , I hope you will be concern me and I am waiting for your reply sir

advance in thnx

hi,

Sub threshold region is a some sort of special operating region of transistors.. especially voltage controlled devices like FETS have more important concern about subthreshold operation...

First of all, the subthereshold region occurs when gate source voltage is slightly lower than the "Threshold voltage" in this condition the channel formation just starts in the path between source and drain leads to flow of current which is actually very small...

In CADENCE,

"SUBTHRESHOLD region" is represented as "region 3" you can see this by displaying "DC operating points" of a Device...

if you have further doubts.. please let me know..

Thanks....

Subthreshold (or weak inversion) actually isn't a region of a MOSFET's output characteristic like off, linear = triode, saturation or breakdown region - which are identified by a Cadence ADE analysis, (together with No.3=subthreshold) - but much more an operation mode, classified by the degree of inversion of the channel (weak, moderate, strong inversion).

For more info, I'd suggest to read Binkley's book "Tradeoffs and Optimization in Analog CMOS Design".

Thank you sir,
And if possible please send me the soft copy of "Binkley's book "Tradeoffs and Optimization in Analog CMOS Design".". And this is my mail id (nsbollam@gmail.com).
I hope you will be concern me
Thanking in advance

- - - Updated - - -

... if possible please send me the soft copy of "Binkley's book "Tradeoffs and Optimization in Analog CMOS Design

Not possible, sorry, this would be illegal. If you can't afford to buy it, I'm sure you'd find it in any university/high school library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back