Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

standard difference signal lines in PCB layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

monimi

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i wanted to ask how are the standard difference signal lines rules when drawing differential lines in PCB layout? (please help, i need this as soon as it can be)

More info please:
But you need to know required characteristic impedance required for the signals, number of layers (and thus dielectric thickness), track width, etc etc.

More info please:
But you need to know required characteristic impedance required for the signals, number of layers (and thus dielectric thickness), track width, etc etc.

Hi, thanks for the reply, i need to know the distance between tracks, track width and max length of the lines (tracks) between D+ and D- of USB lines, and between UART Rx and Tx lines. What values are the appropriate for a good performance?.

https://www.skottanselektronik.com/
Impedance calculator.
USB D+/D- 90ohm diff impedance, max skew between lines 1mm (6 layer stripline routed approx. 0.17/0.17/0.17)
UART lines ref data sheet, but generally don't have to length match Rx Tx only diff pairs

https://www.skottanselektronik.com/
Impedance calculator.
USB D+/D- 90ohm diff impedance, max skew between lines 1mm (6 layer stripline routed approx. 0.17/0.17/0.17)
UART lines ref data sheet, but generally don't have to length match Rx Tx only diff pairs

Thanks for the reply. And which would be the right width for each USB line (D+/D-)?

Provide number of layers, PCB material (FR4) I presume, layers you are going to route d-+ on (inners or outers).

There is no "standard". Depends on stackup.

As for UART: TX and RX do not form a differential pair, rather the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back