Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Virtuoso 6.1.5: sample environment variable file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. von Rosenstein

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I found this
https://www.cadence.com/Community/CSSharedFiles/forums/storage/48/1318760/cdsenv.doc
"sample environment variable file containing the default values for environment variables in Design Framework II products."

Now I'm searching for an appropriate file for Virtuoso 6.1.5 or another documentation/overview of all the different variables.
Especially I'm searching for a way to set "Open With" to "always use Schematics XL" (for example).

Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

I found the way to set the default applications:

Add the following lines to the cdsenv:
graphic schematicDefaultApp string "Schematics XL"
graphic schematicSymbolDefaultApp string "Symbol XL"
graphic maskLayoutDefaultApp string "Layout GXL"

But I can't set "ADE GXL" as default. In
Virtuoso Design Environment User Guide - wincfg.pdf
I found, that valid values for appString in
graphic schematicDefaultApp string "appString"
are:
Schematics L, Schematics XL, ADE L, ADE XL, ADE GXL.
But if I add
graphic schematicDefaultApp string "ADE GXL"
there are two schematicDefaultApp lines in my cdsenv (one with Schematics XL and one with ADE GXL).
What did I understand wrong?

Hi,

ADE is not intended to open schematic view. I do not know the syntax for "simulationDefaultApp"...
But:
graphic schematicDefaultTier string "GXL"
should do the trick !
(by the way, you can also choose which tier to use when opening a view: just check the box "always open this type of cellview with...")

Hi,
I added
graphic schematicDefaultTier string "GXL"
but ADE XL is still the default application for the adexl view.
The "always use..." box has no effect. I don't know why. If i close and restart Cadence, ADE XL is default again. Only during the same session thix box has an effect.
Strange...

Hi, you were right in your first post according to cadence documentition... ADE GXL string is valid with schematicDefaultApp...
Perhaps you can try these workaround:
- create adexl view for simulation, and then launch ade gxl. Perhaps saving simulation that are only available will force to launch gxl tier automatically on next session ?
I use adexl view (so ade xl is automatically opened), and launch gxl feature only when I need them. I open schematics from ADE XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back