Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on DRC Error: N+SD to Psub tap spacing must be <= 10.0 um

Status
Not open for further replies.

anwarkb555

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am new to Cadance analog design flow. I am trying to buid a CMOS common source apmlifier. Library used is gdpk180nm. I have sussessfully built the circuit in Virtuoso Schematic editor and simulated it in ADE XL. When we try to do layout in Virtuoso Layout Suite, it is giving a DRC error "N+SD to Psub tap spacing must be <= 10.0 um". Assura DRC marks two locations with this error. Marked locations are the top region of source and drain of NMOS transistor. Not able to get any clue on this. Please help.

Thanks
Anwar

Actually this error message is rather self-explaining: you need a p+ diffusion area ("Psub tap") close (<= 10.0 um) to the n+ source (and drain) areas of the NMOS. Connect this Psub tap via contact and metal_1 to GND (like your NMOS source, probably). See e.g. this inverter layout from a Cādence tutorial:
Tutorials-Cadence-ExLayout-Inv-004.png

Dear erikl,

Thank you for your valuable help. That soilved the error. I was not able to understand the terminology. My mistake. Thank you very much for the help.

And do you have any reference document for these kind of common errors?

Thanks and regards
Anwar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back