Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadstar:...better to use more up to date Zuken products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

Hello,
My company is asking if it should use cadstar to do layout of electronic drive pcb's.

Hasn't cadstar now been superceeded by newer zuken products?
Has the application support for cadstar now virtually stopped?
Is it easier to get application support for newer zuken pcblayout products?

In summary, is cadstar now out of date?, and would it be better to drop it and take up one of the newer zuken products, or a new product like Altium?

Hi my company have move from altium to Cadstar last year and very happy with that

zuken do cadstar ,5000 and 8000 software , 5000 and 8000 was very expensive/powerful package like mentor expedition

you may got idea of main feature of cadstar here https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL45B8973C31EB35F9

direct support was good,it fix user reported bog(not alway the case with altium).
linkedin group and here was also good place for help

but at the end the best cad was the one that your the most comfortable whit ...

it now on Cadstar Version 14 SP3 ,normally it will release V15 in first quarter of 2014

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello,
My company is asking if it should use cadstar to do layout of electronic drive pcb's.

Hasn't cadstar now been superceeded by newer zuken products?

No, just improved by new versions.
Has the application support for cadstar now virtually stopped?

I sincerely hope not! I don't like twiddling my thumbs all day.

Is it easier to get application support for newer zuken pcblayout products?

No, and what newer zuken pcblayout products?

You can try for CR8000 if you want, but thats about 10 times the cost of CADSTAR.

No, CADSTAR is going strong and increasing in the market, improving on what it offers and the support is first rate (if I say so myself).

As T5400 says - its what you are most comfortable with.
In summary, is cadstar now out of date?, and would it be better to drop it and take up one of the newer zuken products, or a new product like Altium?[/QUOTE]

T

Go with Cadstar, I've persuaded a couple of places to move to it in the past and productivity and accuracy was improved.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back