Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with connecting ICD2 to PC via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icd2 help needed

I'm using icd2 from microchip. Actually this is my first experience with icd. But i faced some difficulties with icd2 when i try to connect it to a notebook pc via usb. I followed the steps recommended by the documentation but the problem still continues. Every time i start the computer i follow these steps in order to make it recognized by windows Xp pro.

1-Unplug the icd2. Uninstall and reinstall the drivers by using the utility provided with mplab 7.0
2-Turn off the computer and plug the icd2. Then installation of drivers begins automatically. After the firmware loader installation it stucks at firmware client.
3- Then restart again and it continue to install firmware client and installation completes.

As you imagine this is a bothersome operation. Anyone have any suggestions or solution to this problem?
I also tried icd2 powered installation and starting of computer but they didn't worked for me also.

Re: icd2 help needed

Hai
Sometimes in the past this happened to me also.
First disconnect ICD.In MPLAB folder go to utilities,run MPUsbclean.
Then .For sure once again reinstall MPLAB (for sure),And connect ICD ,then USB device will be detected.Show the driver in the ICD2usb folder in programe files MPLAB.(Do not allow OS to pic default driver!- datasheet says!!) Check for Microchip firmware loader loaded in device manager. If ICD wiring proper should work!
Good luck
Picstudent

I solved my problem except one thing. I upgraded to win xp sp1 than unistalled the drivers using the utility from microchip. Then reinstall the mplab. Then connect the icd2 and manually(without the utility from microchip) install the drivers. Now xp recognizes icd2 but it always restarts the installation progress at every reboot. Is this usual?

for me having the thing wired wrong at boot actually seemed to cause driver problems...this doesnt make much sense to me, perhaps someone else could elaborate?

peace
-flex

Status
Not open for further replies.