Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

difference between learning of device driver and RTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajrahul2391

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends,

can any body help me to differentiate between learning skills required for device driver and RTOS.i m newbee in this environment,,,,plz help me what shld i learn first??????????

waiting for response :grin:
thanks in advance

Device driver is something, which makes communications with the hardware. For device driver, u first have to learn internals of the particular OS. RTOS mainly deals with API's and it is mainly used to control flow of different tasks you have assigned. it is better if u r learning device driver first.

thank u sir ,
sir can u plz guide me where should i take training for this, and any material regarding device driver .i want to learn it sir......plz help me sir .i m living near to delhi...

I dont know the exact material. U can fine pdf's in net based on OS internals and RTOS. For RTOS, u can go through the Proprietory API's and also standard API's. I have done a course on bangalore.. so, i dnt know the institutes in Delhi.

Actually In my view first of all you need to try writing some Custom code on Hardware (preferably ARM core like LPC2148 board ) like UART communication from PC, using internal ADC , keyboard interfacing .... then start integrating them in one application then you can use RTOS functionality to extend the codes ....

refer this will help you -

**broken link removed**

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back