Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using QSFP+ as 4 SFP+

Status
Not open for further replies.

spman

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

Does anyone know about converting QSFP+ to four SFP+? I found a board with one QSFP+ supporting :
-40GBASE-LR4/SR4 or
-1 to 4 10GBASE-LRM/SR/LR (requires QSFP splitter cable) or
-1 to 4 1000BASE-T/TX (requires QSFP splitter cable)

Do I need 40G ethernet core or 10G ethernet core (MAC and PCS/PMA)? How is it possible to control traffic of each line? I would be appreciated for any guidelines.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

The QSFP connector is a 38 position 0.8mm pitch surface mount connector, available in pocket tape for pick and place application. This connector is part of the TE Connectivity (TE) EVERCLEAR product family, which also includes connectors designed for Mini-SAS/SATA applications. It is designed for high speed signal integrity.

The enhanced small form-factor pluggable (SFP+) is an enhanced version of the SFP that supports data rates up to 10 Gbit/s. The SFP+ specification was first published on May 9, 2006, and version 4.1 published on July 6, 2009.[11] SFP+ supports 8 Gbit/s Fibre Channel, 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Optical Transport Network standard OTU2. It is a popular industry format supported by many network component vendors.

For more information on QSFP and SFP+, please see optoroute blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back