Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which protocol to use for sending SMS using PLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SMS Protocol

For send an SMS you have to use PDU format in Siemens phones

THanks..

How do i interface an 8051 microcontroller to the pc and the same 8051 to the siemens c35 handphone? (in order to send sms)

Hi C Man,

I have just join in and noticed that you are everywhere.

I have written a program in VB that will send Picture SMS using the PDU format via a GSM Modem (Wavecom) to mobile phones.

It works very well with Nokia phones. The Picture SMS came in perfectly. My problem is that it doesn't work very well with other mobiles such as Sony/Ericsson, Samsung, etc.

Is there any difference with the PDU format or the format of the Picture SMS (e.g. OTA bitmap or message sequence or......)

Douglas128 said:
Hi C Man,

I have just join in and noticed that you are everywhere.

I have written a program in VB that will send Picture SMS using the PDU format via a GSM Modem (Wavecom) to mobile phones.

It works very well with Nokia phones. The Picture SMS came in perfectly. My problem is that it doesn't work very well with other mobiles such as Sony/Ericsson, Samsung, etc.

Is there any difference with the PDU format or the format of the Picture SMS (e.g. OTA bitmap or message sequence or......)

Sorry I have not done picture sms ...

I even do not have the standard for picture sms but if you like you could post a few links here maybe some members are interested?

best regards

how i can get an ATcommand tutorial ,i will try this project.I am a beginner

SMS Protocol

"""Looking for specifications or tutorial about the protocol used to send SMS.
The aim is using a PLC connected to a standard modem to send alarms.

I think it s the TAP protocol but I haven't find anything really interesting
about it."""

SMPP is the communication prtotcol for SMS however you need SMSC server ( Aldiscon provides this facility at a cost ) check thir web site..

http://www.logicacmg.com/Telecoms/350234225

Some Books..
Here is a comprehensive and highly practical guide to SMS and MMS interworking in GSM, TDMA, and CDMA mobile communications systems. This cutting-edge book gives you the knowledge needed to plan SMS or MMS interworking both commercially and technically. You learn how to implement SMS or MMS services with interworking, pre-paid SMS or MMS services, and mobile location services. Moreover, this unique reference helps you develop software for SMS and MMS centers.
Download:rapidshare.de **broken link removed**
PassWord:avax

1580538908.01._SL110_SCTZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Check this ...

Building on the success of the first edition, Mobile Messaging Technologies and Services offers extensive new and revised material based upon the latest research and industry developments. While early implementations targeted person-to-person messaging, MMS has now evolved to facilitate such requirements as the mass delivery of time-sensitive messages for content-to-person messaging. This Second Edition exploits the technical maturity of MMS as it is poised to generate a wealth of new business opportunities across the mobile communications sector. The author provides the fundamental technical background required for SMS, EMS and MMS, and supports this with industry cutting-edge developments.
● Contains a revised section on the fundamentals of MMS, including an updated section on GPRS to explain current commercial implementations such as GRX applications.

● Presents the latest developments in MMS standardization, including the design of synchronized multimedia integration language (SMIL) presentations, Digital Rights Management (DRM), transcoding techniques, postcard service and support of advanced multimedia formats.

● Describes the processes for standardizing telecommunications services and technologies (3GPP, OMA, GSM Association, IETF and W3C).

● Provides updated sections on SMS, EMS and heavily revised coverage of the developments in MMS, including MMS interworking and the forthcoming MMS version 1.3.

This resource will be invaluable for application developers, manufacturers, operators and content providers involved in the design and deployment of messaging services. It will also be of interest to practitioners involved in the process of standardizing telecommunications services and technologies. Postgraduate students and researchers will benefit from having access to state-of-the-art findings backed by numerous illustrative real-world examples.

Includes a companion website featuring information on relevant standards, available phones and developers’ resources.

Pass: vdown

**broken link removed**

Hi,

I am a newbie for this forum.

I also doing a similar project as most of you. My project is smart home, using mobile phone to send message to Z-Text modem connected to fixed phone line at home, then the microcontroller(8051) will decipher the message, then send feedback msg to the user.

After i read the posted msg from u all, it looks like i can also using the standard modem to replace the function of the text-modem? How they actually differ from one another? How the uController able to communicate with the standard modem?

Pls advice.

regards,
perline

SMS Protocol

Its GSM 07.05 standard

here some docs :

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor