Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] suggest me how to find "components" library for vhdl sin & cos fun in xilinx

Status
Not open for further replies.

gyrajput

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
suggest me how to find "components" library for vhdl sin & cos fun in xilinx

hi all.....
i am new to this blog,
i want to create sin(x) and cos(x) function in vhdl(xilinx) .....
i also find the code for it,
but there is a library added
"components library"
use IEEE.std_logic_1164.all;
use IEEE.std_logic_arith.all;
use DW02.DW02_components.all;

that is what i don't get on google also.......
so please help me out and suggest me how to find that library,
thanks in advance.

Re: suggest me how to find "components" library for vhdl sin & cos fun in xilinx

Do you want to generate the the sin/cos function or a lookup table? If you actually want to generate the function on-the-fly, use a CORDIC. Xilinx has, I believe, a free IP module. I have no idea what that library is; it's certainly not a standard VHDL library that I'm aware of.

Re: suggest me how to find "components" library for vhdl sin & cos fun in xilinx

thank u so much barry for a quick reply....
i want to generate the sin/cos function with VHDL code
so should i search for a lookup table for the same...

Last edited:

If you want to use a lookup table, you just generate the required values and store them in ROM. I've done this in the past by simply using Excel to generate the values, and then storing those values in a MIF file (what xilinx uses to initialize memory).

hi barry,
thanks for reply

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back