Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Can a led glow different colors at different instances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrested to know

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
can an led glow different colors at different instances...
if its not so then how a tv displays a colour at an instant and other at next time

Re: variable colour single led

Yes and No!
LED's are normally one colour, but put three together of colours Red, Green and Blue and you can generate the different colours that you see by varying the mix of the intensity of each LED.
Same principle as in a CRT or LCD screen.
Your eye's in combination with your brains interpretation of the colours seen, produce the different colours we perceive.

yes u can have single led multiple color by using RGB LED having four leads as follows
1 - red
2 - green
3 - blue
4 - ground. tumblr_lu7z9jwBe81qf00w4.gif

Some of my solar garden lights have a single LED with red, green and blue chips inside and also inside is an IC that sequences the colours slowly.
I made "mood lights" that shine on the ceiling with millions of different colors. They use red, green and blue LEDs, each with its own fading oscillator.

can an led glow different colors at different instances...
if its not so then how a tv displays a colour at an instant and other at next time

A single LED junction produces only a single colour.
Multiple colours are produced by packaging different colour LED junctions very close together in a single package.

if you google television or such............ wiki has a good description

if you google television or such............ wiki has a good description

Here is an excellent presentation. A little fast, but you can watch carefully. Pause, digest, understand. Check it out.

**broken link removed**

Ok here are my views I think you are interested to know about LED tv, now mostly in the market commercial television those are said by sales people "LED" tv are actually LED backlight LCD tv. So these work on principle of LCD. However there are LED tv's are even available which are mainly used in video wall application. These displays mostly uses a pixel as tri-color led's and the intensity of these all three color led's can be controllable simultaneously.......

Good luck

as i given led diagram in #3 post use that one and if you want to glow to read then supply at only read pin if green then only supply green only and same for blue.
and combination of three using variable voltage you can get different color as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back