Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital signal processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrested to know

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is digital signal processing...is it been applied also for pictures...

Any continous process - which could be converted into an electrical "signal" - and then this signal modified or processed using digital (i.e. NOT analog) methods. Then it is called "Digital" "Signal" "Processing".

Not really that hard to understand actually.

Hi, usually Digital Signal Processing is attached to process analog signals by converting them to a digital representation and perform the function(e.g. filtering, analysis etc.) with a fast digital processor. It could be a simple microcontroller for slow changing analog signals or a digital signal processor(DSP) for fast analysis. The output can be again an analog(using DAC) or a digital signal.

Enjoy your design work!

Hello every one,
I have a question about a symbol.
We know that, complementary of a digital signal is shown by bar on that signal.
How about an analog signal. Suppose that we have a reference current of Iref, the output current is Iout=out1. Now we would like to have Iref-Iout. How can we display this value with respect to out1. May we mention by bar(out1 bar)?

Best regards,
an

Complement of digital signal is inverse of the logic state. Digital has only two states 0 or 1, high or low, true or false, mark or space. Analog is continuous. If analog range is 0 to 5V then how will you represent inverse of it? The value can be example 2.345 or 2.3444. Will you represent it as 1/2.345 or 1/2.3444?

You can invert like if input is 2.5V then output is -2.5V.

Hello every one,
I have a question about a symbol.
We know that, complementary of a digital signal is shown by bar on that signal.
How about an analog signal. Suppose that we have a reference current of Iref, the output current is Iout=out1. Now we would like to have Iref-Iout. How can we display this value with respect to out1. May we mention by bar(out1 bar)?

Best regards,
an

Is this somehow related to OP's question ? If not, then its off topic, start a new thread.

Even so, the short answer is : your question doesn't really make any sense. And no - you may NOT refer to it as bar(out1 bar) because no one will understand what you mean. You are talking about digital signals, symbols, analog currents, terminology, conventions all in one, and trying to draw parallels which are meaningless.

Try to clarify your thoughts and ask what it is you specifically want.

Suppose that there is a reference current of 10uA, or consider the normalized value (equal to 1). the output of the circuit is 6uA, I named it: "out". Now, at the output, we need "Ref-out" (10u-6u), how can I display the output? by which parameter? out with bar on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.