Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can any one help me about infra-red signal detection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qasim Khokhar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to set 8051 pins using infra-red sensor. my only objective is to detect and decide that any Infra-red signal exist or not. i do not want to read infra-red signal.

You can use a wheatstone bridge to detect differential change in a component and then amplify that change for input to your 8051. photo diode or photoresistor for IR sensor. look at mouser.com or digikey for ideas of what's available as sensors.

The transmitter should send IR burst of 36, 38 or 40 KHz. The IR receiver and demodulator should be interfaced to uC interrupt on change pin. If interrupt is detected then execute necessary code.

The transmitter should send IR burst of 36, 38 or 40 KHz. The IR receiver and demodulator should be interfaced to uC interrupt on change pin. If interrupt is detected then execute necessary code.

would you please elaborate what you are saying ... with the help of any picture or circuit diagram

What is "any Infra-red signal"? You forgot to mention it.

What is "any Infra-red signal"? You forgot to mention it.

any signal of 36, 38 or 40 KHz frequency or Irfrared LED light signal i mean to say any infrared how ever its is TV remort signal or Infrared rays emitted by LED i just want to detect presence of infrared and give input to 8051 that IR is exist or not ! i think you may understand what i want to say .:?:

So you mean, the light will be always modulated in a 36 to 40 KHz frequency range. Or the light will be always sourced from a remote control, which excludes continuously modulated signals (e.g. an IR light barrier). Or the light may be unmodulated IR as well (e.g. IR illumination for a camera)? Unfortunately you didn't say that clearly yet.

Secondly, what's the maximum distance for signal detection?

So you mean, the light will be always modulated in a 36 to 40 KHz frequency range. Or the light will be always sourced from a remote control, which excludes continuously modulated signals (e.g. an IR light barrier). Or the light may be unmodulated IR as well (e.g. IR illumination for a camera)? Unfortunately you didn't say that clearly yet.

Secondly, what's the maximum distance for signal detection?

yapp veryy close just invisible IR rays i consider ... and minimum distance about 10 ft

Status
Not open for further replies.