Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 to 0 countdown timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayel

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I was looking at a countdown timer sent in by Metal it was quite a way back 05-08-05 the title was countdown from 8 to 0
I like the ease of the program so I downloaded it then ran it
it ran right off no problems EXCEPT it counts up .What I really need is a count down time with a short code a possible
I am very green at this stuff so any help would be very helpful. Could some lead me to a solution to that program ?
if I get it to work I would like to try a 2 digit countdown timer from 10 to 0 with an output when it reaches 0 then start all over again

What I really am doing is making a 10 min id'r for my radio station when it reaches 0 it will turn on a relay it sets the play button on my radio shack voice module to indentify my station

Thanks for any help
Ray

Attachments

• 8 to 0 count down timer.txt
    604 bytes · Views: 67
Last edited:

Hi Jay
did you get my post ???
I had to send it 2 times I hope it went through
I noticed that it went to my original post is that the way its done.?
I thought it would go to your reply

Thanks Ray

You have to use a Timer for the 2 sec delay. Which compiler are you using? PBP3 or PDS?

Edit: Post Metal's original code.

Last edited:

I can help you with mikroBasic Code.

Jay Im not sure what mikrobasic is but I found a solution . I found that the n array counts from left to right in the lookup statement
so what I did was to reverse the digits order I took the first statement and moved to it to the last and then took the last to the first

I might be confusing you so I'll paste it here

'* Notes reverse (lookup n ) to count down instead of count up *
'* count up) Lookup n, [$40, $79, $24, $30, $19, $12, $02, $78, $00, $18], '
'* count dn) Lookup n, [$18, $00, $78, $02, $12, $19, $30, $24, $79, $40],

it works perfect it counts down from 9 to 0 then brings pin rb7 high for 3 seconds to turn on relay

I'll look into that mikrobasic
Thanks for your help
Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.