Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLIDWORKS 2013][NEWBIE]Assembly parts holes and position questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkoSiroki

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sirs and Madams!

I have an assembly, consisting of three parts. First part, named "plate main" is a bottom plate with holes. The other two parts are side plates, currently without holes. Now, here are my questions:
  1. Can SolidWorks 2013 automatically create holes on side parts according to holes on main plate?
  2. How do I align side part along main plate?
  3. How do I mate main plate and side plates?
I've attached screenshot.

Sincerely yours,
Marko

Capture.PNG

your answers:

1) no you have to create it yourself.
2 & 3) select the side you want to align, right click on it, click on "Mate" option, click on the face of your plate you want to align and then click on the side of the main plate you want to get aligned, there will appear options about how you want them to align, select coincident.

Search you-tube video tutorials help more to understand.
Read the attached docs, it will help.
feel free to ask.
Cheers !!!

Attachments

• Student_Guide.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 196
  • SolidWorks-2012-Tip-of-the-Day.pdf
    309.9 KB · Views: 120
Thank you very much for documents! I did not read them, but I "consumed" them :lol:! But, now I have another problem: If I select "Top Orientation" of the whole assembly, the assembly is oriented in "weird way". How do I redefine orientation of assembly? Screenshot of "Top Orientation" selected is attached.

Sincerely,
Marko

WrongOrientationSettings.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back