Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can we interface 8051 and zigbee directly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qasim Khokhar

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
is it possible to interface zigbee with 8051 directly without using MAX232? if 8051 is running on 5V.

I don't know about a zibgee module with TTL connections, but yes, if such a one is available then you surely can connect it directly to the microcontroller. But for the module with RS-232, you surely need to use MAX-232.

Yes we can.
Interfacing of the ZigBee module with 8051
interfacing-zigbee-to-microcontroller.jpg
The ZigBee modules work at the 2.4 GHz frequency. ZigBee modules have the ability to transmit Digital, PWM, Analog or Serial RS232 signals wirelessly. To communicate over UART or USART, we just need three basic signals which are namely, RXD (receive), TXD (transmit), GND (common ground). So to interface UART with 8051, we just need the basic signals.
for accessing the mobiles without wires through UART0. The data communication is done in internet by using the ZigBee module through MAX232 into the SBUF register of 8051 microcontroller (serial interfacing with 8051). The serial data from the Zigbee receiver is taken by using the Serial Interrupt of the controller. +5V and ground is connected to provide power to the module. While TX and RX pin is connected for communication.

thanks for reply :
i have an confusion kindly tell me
RX and TX both will connect via MAX-232 or only TX of 8051 will passes through MAX-232 and RX of 8051 will connect directly

Yes we can.
Interfacing of the ZigBee module with 8051
View attachment 96229
The ZigBee modules work at the 2.4 GHz frequency. ZigBee modules have the ability to transmit Digital, PWM, Analog or Serial RS232 signals wirelessly. To communicate over UART or USART, we just need three basic signals which are namely, RXD (receive), TXD (transmit), GND (common ground). So to interface UART with 8051, we just need the basic signals.
for accessing the mobiles without wires through UART0. The data communication is done in internet by using the ZigBee module through MAX232 into the SBUF register of 8051 microcontroller (serial interfacing with 8051). The serial data from the Zigbee receiver is taken by using the Serial Interrupt of the controller. +5V and ground is connected to provide power to the module. While TX and RX pin is connected for communication.

- - - Updated - - -

i am attaching an PCB design which is designed for just serial communication please check it and tell if it is correct or not ...
overview of this PCB design is :

PCB just contain MAX-232 and 8051 and zigbee will connect via wire of serial port

- - - Updated - - -

What is basic difference between Max-232 and Max-3232 because i read comment of some one on an other blog when i was looking for interfacing. to use max-3232 except max-232

I don't know about a zibgee module with TTL connections, but yes, if such a one is available then you surely can connect it directly to the microcontroller. But for the module with RS-232, you surely need to use MAX-232.

Attachments

• PCB.png
    PCB.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

What is basic difference between Max-232 and Max-3232 because i read comment of some one on an other blog when i was looking for interfacing. to use max-3232 except max-232
Refer this thread in edaboard to get your doubt cleared.
Or else refer this wikipedia page
I read this text from wiki.
The later MAX232A is backwards compatible with the original MAX232 but may operate at higher baud rates and can use smaller external capacitors – 0.1 μF in place of the 1.0 μF capacitors used with the original device.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have an confusion kindly tell me
RX and TX both will connect via MAX-232 or only TX of 8051 will passes through MAX-232 and RX of 8051 will connect directly
Both Rx and Tx connections will be given through the MAX-232. The purpose of MAX232 is to interface devices working on different voltage levels. Check the datasheet for further reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back