Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i increase the isolation level by adding two device in series

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaswat

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to know that during designing can I enhance the rated voltage of a device by adding two device having same rated voltage in series?
I mean that if a device has operating voltage of 440 v and I want to operate that design on 800 v then by adding that two device in series would help to operate my design at 800v ??

in general yes. assuming your two systems have same impedance, then the voltage drop across each will be 1/2 for same series current. this is ohms law.

more specifically, there is a lot more to consider, the least of which is if your system will still operate properly if it is floating (only one of the two systems will be referenced to ground!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back