Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to get 6v from 12v car battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobre98

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys
I have 12v car battery with 150 Ampere
I want to make a circuit that allow me to get 6v from it since I need these 6v to turn some devices.
It would be okay if anyone gave me a circuit that transform from 12 volt to any other rating voltage including 6v

I want a circuit or something like that.
your help is appreciated

use LM317...
LM317-typical-adjustable-regulator-ckt.png

- - - Updated - - -

If your device is more power consuming or you need more efficiency means you can go for switched regulators....

How much ampere I can get from the LM317 ?!
and what is the switched regulators that you talked about could you give me a more detailed answer ?!

1.5A with proper heat sinks.... switched regulators are a circuits which used to regulate the voltage without making power loss,
example Mosfet IGBT chopper circuits they also can be used as regulator with pwm technique...

Hi guys
I have 12v car battery with 150 Ampere
I want to make a circuit that allow me to get 6v from it since I need these 6v to turn some devices.
It would be okay if anyone gave me a circuit that transform from 12 volt to any other rating voltage including 6v

I want a circuit or something like that.
your help is appreciated

Hi kobre98

It depends on how much current do you require and what is the required ripple voltage ?

Anyway , i suggest you LM2576 which is one of the simplest witching regulators around the world ! and of course with efficiency more than LM317 !

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back