Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help in reconfigurable antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolabhi18

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends i am doing research project in reconfigurable antenna using hfss. so if possible can anyone tell me how to implement pin diode in hfss or any other software?

@ tgootee: your information is valuable for me.It will help me a lot. But i need help in hfss. Can i design and simulate pin diode in HFSS?

As far as I know, you can't simulate a pin diode in HFSS. The best you can do is run two different simulations, one with a short circuit and the other with an open circuit.
This is just an initial approximation because there are other parasitic effects that you are not simulating.

@ bepi004": yes i know this solution thanks for your suggestion. Also CST simulation software provides option for simulating pin diode. Biasing can be done in CST,i think. But i am not sure. So if u know anything about CST please suggest me. But as u told early that 2 different circuits but after fabrication there may be paracitic effect. so what can be solution on it?

@ rodgerwxh: This is useful to me a little bit but this not exactly i wanted. Is there anyone who use CST and done simulation for pin diode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back