Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to use ADC's IBIS model in pspice simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkslc

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, everyone.

I am desiging a PCB with Cadence Allegro. I uesd an ADI's AD8248 in my schematic. When I try to simulate the schematic with Pspice, I can't find the appropriate model to reprsent the AD9248.

I downloaded the IBIS model of AD9248 from ADI's website. Then I used Pspice Model Editor to convert the IBIS model to the model which Pspice recognizes. However the model converter only generated dosens of descrete model which only have one to three pins. The reality is each digital output pin is in a separate model and the model generater devided the whole ADC into seperate parts.

Could someone tell me how to use the IBIS model in Pspice simulation?

The IBIS file is View attachment ad9248.txt

The file Pspice Model Editor generated is View attachment ad9248lib.txt

I guess you want a functional simulation of the ADC. The IBIS file only describes the signal characteristic of input and output pins, not the ADC function.

Thank you for your replay. You are right. The IBIS model doesn't provide functional simulation capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back