Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can a transistor amplify the current ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tefa921

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Plz, help me guys because i'm really confused .. now i know the circuit very well .. but still i can't understand how the npn transistor amplify the current where Ie = Ib + Ic .. what i mean is that Ic or the output is less than Ie or the input .. so this is not aplification at all .. So please please help me

First, understand that the amplification factor is not required to be greater than unity. i.e. "Amplify" does not necessarily mean "make bigger". An amplifier can have a gain of less than one, or equal to one, or greater than one. They are all still called "amplifiers".

Learn from here **broken link removed**

It's a multi-port device, and each port-pair has a
gain (under or over unity, and often this depends
on bias-point), one with respect to the other. In
a particular pairing and configuration, current or
voltage or power gain can be realized. Not all are
obvious and not all are useful. But that doesn't
mean theory is wrong, just because you can't see
it offhand.

what i mean is that Ic or the output is less than Ie or the input .. so this is not aplification at all
If Ib is the input, then there is current gain.

Example: Ib=0.1mA, Ic=25mA, Ie=25.1mA
Ie = Ib + Ic
Current gain = Ic/Ib = 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back