Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 Module with Surface mount antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

asimlink

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can someone suggest me if you know any surface mount low cost antenna solution for GSM module [1]
(SIM900 module in my case). I will confirm the bands it needs to support. But at the moment you may think about an all band (something
like penta band) antena.

Questions:
1. In my opinion a surface mount antenna maybe difficult to use than the external SMA mount antenna? I mean difficult in terms that it may
require me to adjust tunning components (such as values of series inductor etc)?

2. How do you compare the external Antenna and surface mount antenna for GSM? Do you think performance of antennas having SMA connectos [2] and those which are about 1.5 inch in length perform will be much better?

3. Will i need an any sort of RF Amplifier if I use surface mount antenna with a GSM module which is actually meant to work with
external antenna?

Links:
[1]. **broken link removed**
[2]. http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/TG.22.0112/931-1041-ND/2332668

Regards

I have been using ANTENOVA A10340 antennae without issue for a personal tracker unit.

Although I have a PI RC matching circuit it is only using a 0R resistor without the caps as the stripline was calculated to 50 ohms.

The blue block in the image.

Cheers

MTX-PT-R1_Top.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back