Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Connector/cable hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

swappen

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone. I'm not sure if this is the suitable place to post this but I have been quite a lot time looking for this cable/connector without success. If anyone knew anything I would be greatly gratefull.

Conector_Programador.jpg

Thanks in advance!

It looks like a "miniature DIN" connector, similar to the types used on keyboards and mouse cables but the female rather than male end. Try looking for a company called "Schurter", they make similar ones but I'm not sure if they make the one with that pin configuration.

Brian.

It looks like a "miniature DIN" connector, similar to the types used on keyboards and mouse cables but the female rather than male end. Try looking for a company called "Schurter", they make similar ones but I'm not sure if they make the one with that pin configuration.

Brian.

It's similar to a mini-DIN but a little bigger. Not luck in Schurter's catalogue. Thanks anyway!

Connector looks like Mini-DIN but I will say its unique for some product. Often companies do this for their products to keep usage of their cables. I think there is little chance to find this connector in shops.

Best regards,
Peter

Connector looks like Mini-DIN but I will say its unique for some product. Often companies do this for their products to keep usage of their cables. I think there is little chance to find this connector in shops.

Best regards,
Peter

Hello Peter. I'm afraid you are right. This connector belongs to a cable to program a electric wheelchair. The manufacturer sells the cable for almost 200€ which I think it's extremely expensive. That's why I wanted to mount the cable by myself. Seeing that there's no way to find the connector I will make a handmade one.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Hello Peter. I'm afraid you are right. This connector belongs to a cable to program a electric wheelchair. The manufacturer sells the cable for almost 200€ which I think it's extremely expensive. That's why I wanted to mount the cable by myself. Seeing that there's no way to find the connector I will make a handmade one.

Thanks to all of you for your help.

Yes, that is very often final solution, changing existing connectors on both sides (cable and PCB) with some standard pin arrangement connector, or making completely new cable.

Best regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.