Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about FSK demodulation in Matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaximusM

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm building FSK demodulator in Matlab using the function fskdemod and have a few questions about it.

The first question refers to the usage of the function. The input to the function includes parameter "nsamp" which indicates the number of the samples per bit and it must be integer greater than one. In my understanding it is just sampling frequency divided by bitrate. The problem arises when I want to simulate a case in which fs=50kHz and bitrate=32kHz and nsamp is not an integer. The question is how I can simulate this case.

The second question is about synchronizing: how can I find the sample which indicates the start of the transmission.

Thanks,
MaximusM

with the first question, in digital communication, BER depend on Eb/N0. Eb = E[x(n)^2] where E[.] is the expectation operator. you simulation a case in which fs=50 khz and bitrate = 32kb/s. that mean in 1 second you have 50k samples and 32k bits. you will have bits which is sampled less, and other bits is sampled more. in simulation, it mays cause Eb in simulation diffrents from Eb in analytically.

Status
Not open for further replies.