Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inrush current limiting with the triacs helps needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakchikane

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

i am trying to design a inrush current limiting circuits with the help of triac (gate triggering will be after 100ms)

Conditions:

1)the NTC will in parallel with the triacs terminals.
2)during turn on-ac current will be pass through the ntc which will limit currents for 100ms & after that from control i will trigger the triacs..
n rest current will be passing through triacs which cools down the ntc (to avoid damaging)

I dont have any circuits to post, i am just planning to do by above conditions (it is just a idea)

can anyone provide me guidance how to design except moc driver (it leads costing higher projects)

Thanks
Deepak chikne

Deepak, your NTC/Triac idea is a very good one.

However...since you'll be switching 230 VAC, you really need to provide isolation from the mains voltage and the rest of the control circuitry. Indeed the MOC optocoupler will add some size and cost, but it will provide a substantial degree of safety and robustness to your design.

This is only my two rupees worth of opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.