Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Class-A rf linear amplifier with BLW30

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnab.bhaumik

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi ,

i want to design a Class-A amplifier with BLW30 rf power transistor. please guide me. i want to use it with my bitx20 ham tranceiver. the final of the radio is with irf510. but i want to replace the irf510 mosfet with blw30. so the biasing will get changed.

attaching the datasheet of blw30 and bitx20 linear circuit. i know the blw30 is a old model . but here in kolkata/india, it is easily availeable in the local market.

arnab/vu2bpw

Attachments

• blw30.pdf
    74.5 KB · Views: 82
  • linear2.gif
    linear2.gif
    10.2 KB · Views: 171

IRF510 is a Power MOSFet but BLW30 is a BJT.They are not direct replacements.
Even if you re-design the bias circuit to get the right OP, MOS and BJT chararactics are so different.Re-design your Power Amplifier with your new transistor is much easier.
I'm sure there are app. notes for that frequency band,you may apply one of them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back