Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can i use a microcontroller instead of a potentiometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robitons

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to control a six channel remote with a microcontroller. The remote uses 4 potentiometers for motion control. i want to know whether i can replace them with a single microcontroller.

you can't do that because output of potentiometer is analog and output of micro-controller is digital. You can use digital to analog converter after micro-controller if you need to use micro-controller. In my opinion control analog by potentiometer is easier and practical.

I want to control a six channel remote with a microcontroller. The remote uses 4 potentiometers for motion control. i want to know whether i can replace them with a single microcontroller.

u can use multi channel digital potentiometer to control it with microcontroller like AD5206 its a 4-channel digital potentiometer ic.
yes you can replace 4 potentiometers with microcontroller by using multi channel digital potentiometer as AD5206 is a 4-channel digital potentiometer
https://www.analog.com/en/digital-t...l-potentiometers/ad5206/products/product.html

hello,

Maybe you can use this AD5206
it's depend of your application
you have to check :
- what volatge across the potentiometer ?
- what is the load connected on each cursor of potentiometer ?
because current cursor is very low , as the maxi power dissipation.
- what refresh frequency to actuate the potentiometer ouput?
don't forget you can have maxi 256 step of values with digital potentiometer ,
classic potentiometer is near infinite values, because 100% analogique.

instead of using using potentiometer u can use controller by using PWM. for that you will need to change duty cycle for time as if you take average of cycle you will gate voltage as you given duty cycle.

voltage will get vary as you duty cycle get varied.
and potentiometer do same thing. and if you are using 10-turn pot then u can consider the size of number of potentiometer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back