Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnetic field strength of two different magnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murugesh_89

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
In the following image.
Magnetic field strength.JPG

Since the two magnets 1 and 2 are of same magnetic field strength, the magnetic field lines from north pole of 1 to south pole of 2 get completely bonded(a). Similarly the north pole of magnet 2 to south pole of magnet 1(b).

If say magnetic field strength of magnet 1 is higher than magnet 2, will the part of the magnetic lines from 1 bonds with 2 and remaining bonds any where or what will happen?

Thanks,
Murugesh

If the two magnets are the same then the figure drawn by the magnetic field lines will be symmetrical. Changing the stength or the geometry of one of the two magnets, the drawing will distort to have closer lines where the field is higher.

can you please elaborate little more with reference to the diagram?

Examples for 1:1 and 4:1 magnet strength (one half-plane of the axisymmetric problem shown)

thanks...
I placed a disc magnet in a small piece of metallic rod. then i placed the rod along with magnet over a metallic surface. the rod get attached to the surface. so i think the rod get magnetized. hence what would be its pole in the diagram.

What is the case if i interchange the magnet orientation?
Magnetised rod.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.