Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relay selection......

Status
Not open for further replies.

p72

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am searching for the Relay (SPDT) that can take 24VDC on coil and it switches contact from NC to NO. (output voltage on "NO" should be the same 24Vdc) Can anyone suggest me relay?

One more question, can i use the same voltage on "Common" terminal of the relay which is applied on the coil of the relay?

Please see attached diagram.
Thank you,
p72

IMG_0215.JPG

Your schematic makes no sense. You can connect the voltmeter directly to the battery . The relay has no function in your circuit.

Your schematic makes no sense. You can connect the voltmeter directly to the battery . The relay has no function in your circuit.

Hi jiripolivka,
I would like to just make sure relay will energize and trip the contacts. I understand that i can connect voltmeter directly to battery to measure voltage. But as I said, wanted to see how relay functions.
I am still waiting for answer of second question. Can I connect same input/voltage to "Common" terminal as applied to coil?

Thank you,
p72

Hi jiripolivka,
I would like to just make sure relay will energize and trip the contacts. I understand that i can connect voltmeter directly to battery to measure voltage. But as I said, wanted to see how relay functions.
I am still waiting for answer of second question. Can I connect same input/voltage to "Common" terminal as applied to coil?

Thank you,
p72

You can choose any positive or negative battery terminal as "common", and connect the load, relay coil or voltmeter to it.

A relay functions usually by connecting to a source (like battery) through a switch which controls the relay operation. Such switch is missing in your schematic.
A voltmeter usually has a high resistance, so it does not load the battery. A typical load switched by a relay can be a lamp or a motor, or a mechanical device like a heavy-duty relay.

Relay coil resistance should be selected to match battery voltage. There are many types of relays you can use. They are specified by coil voltage and also by the expected contact load, like the maximum voltage and maximum current the contacts can handle.
For a heavy load like say >1..10A, the relay must be also mechanically stronger and the coil current is typically higher than with the "lighter-load" relays.

Check Mouser or Dig-Key or other relay suppliers for typical specifications of coils and contacts.

Thank you jiripolivka!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.