Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

trouble with edaboard rss feed since last redesign ( some while ago ...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kripton2035

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to any admin,

I'm an old edaboard user, and I used to read last news here with a newsreader application on my computer.
since the last board redesign (there were a lot of trouble then) the rss feed is very bad.

I tried it with different newsreader apps and it's always the same
you get one feed from time to time, instead of the 100's that I used to read in a day
and when you clic on the feed to show the content, it sends yo to another feed.

I noticed this during the redesign of edaboard, and since I though "men they have other urgent things to fix first"
well I didnt insist on it

but now I think it's time to fix it !

best regards,

hum in fact no it works the same rss or rss2
the first time you subscribe to the feed you get the normal 40 feeds (could be more ?)
then when you update the feed, you get nothing, one feed in a day or so.

@gulson,
you're doing "things" now because the feed gets updated, but I get 40 feeds once instead of getting them along the day ? normal ?

Looks like this is a problem with core forum engine, but I will try solve this. I noticed the same problem.

Could you try check RSS again?

Sorry, still some problems.

Last edited:

yes I get the feeds by packet of 10 ( was 40 before)
but still it's not progressive 1 at a time like it was before.
anyway it's better !
and if I clic on a feed I get to the right post now.

sorry but still no regular update of the rss feed. I get 10 or more feeds, not as regularly as they are on the site itself.
regards,

hi Gulson,
it seems to work quite right now. not as fluent as it was before, but still usable.
thanks for your time.

hi Gulson,
there is still a problem with that rss feed : you only get the head title of the threads, and a line with the author and date
but previoulsy I also had some first lines of the content of the topic. can you fix it ?
thanks.

Sorry, but I didn't change anything last time and I don't know where can be a problem.

I got the headlines AND the first lines of the topics before the edaboard redesign (the first topic of this post) ... now I only have the headlines
lots of things moved between.
you fixed the number of topics in the rss flux, not the content.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.