Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(ATS) Automatic Transfer Switch Designing (Using Magnetic Contactor and Timers Only).

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipu_sultan

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Rawalpindi, Punjab, Pakistan, Asia, Earth, Univers
Activity points
I have to design a Distribution box containing Five Contactor [Meta MEC GMC-85 (3-Pole with two Left-Right auxillary contactors), Three OMRON Timers (H3-BA-8) operating at 240 VAC (Circuit Breakers will be used for safety considerations).
Contactor 01:- For ON-Grid Solar System
Contactor 02:- For OFF-Grid Solar System
Contactor 03:- For UPS
Contactor 04:- For Generator-1 (Half Load)
Contactor 05:- For Generator-2 (Other Half Load)
Timer 01:- 10 seconds Delay on Generator-1
Timer 02:- 30 seconds Delay on Generator-2
Timer 03:- 5 Second Delay on Powering up UPS.
Conditions:-
01.) If and only if Generator-1 and Generator-2 are OFF then Only UPS will be ON.
02.) If and only if UPS Will be OFF then Both Generator will be ON then ON-Grid Solar System must be ON.
03.)There is a control circuitry which detects the Utility Power either available or not.
04.) Our First Priority is to use OFF-Grid Inverter (Day time) either Utility Power available or not. If utility power is not availabe at night then UPS will active if UPS fails then both generators will be ON after some time delay.
05.) ON-Grid System will be ON with Utility Power and Generator at day time if OFF-Grid Inverter's Backup failed.
06.) This situation is for the country where their is lot of utility power failure (Load-Shedding occurs).
07.) Generators have capable of handle all the Load and OFF-Grid Solar System is used with them to reduce electricity bill.

Although the above Logic is incomplete and although i am beginner to contactor and timers So if you think Logic may be changed then please not hesitate to give me your good advice.

If you think schematic or circuit diagram is necessary for me to understand a complete Logic or Truth Table etc. Please spend some time to attach files!

Thanks
Best Regards.

**broken link removed**

ATS Distribution Box.jpg

Shouldn't the UPS be the last backup, after generators fail? How long can the UPS run the load before its batteries are depleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.